Monday, July 6, 2009

Malcolm Sutherland

Before I show this animation, I have to go on a mini-rant. (which is fun) When I watched the forthcoming animation, the drawing style and color palette immediately reminded me of the Nickelodeon cartoon Aaahh! Real Monsters Then the thought came to my mind, "you know, a very base and not clever person might be tempted to say, 'it's like aaahh real monsters on crack'" Now you must understand my frustration in such a thought. People who say "Its like _________on crack" are the same people who have been saying "that's what she said" jokes to every word you say for the past four years and still think its funny every time. And if they say that particular phrase then I am sure that, at least in high school, when they saw a poor movie they also said, "I feel dumber for having watched that movie." To which I say "really? is your mind so feeble to actually make you lose brain cells from watching a bad movie?" And then I think further back, because if they say all of those things then they were probably the type as kids to say this number, "that was sooooo funny, I almost forgot to laugh." And then I discover the root. People like that aren't funny enough to think of their own jokes. Now if you fall into this category, don't think I'm chastening you, I'm helping you become aware, because I love you. Its just that, those kind of jokes aren't good enough in America. Just ask Samuel Clemens. I mean, how can a cartoon smoke crack really? Anyways, without further adieu, I present "The Astronomer's Dream" by Malcolm Sutherland

The Astronomer's Dream (2009) from Animalcolm on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment