Monday, November 16, 2009

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Being a half white person, I get excited about white people things. (i.e. moleskin notebooks, taking a year off, hummus, unpaid internships, sweaters, the wire, graduate school, study abroad, mos def, knowing what's best for poor people, japan, art degrees, and of course, Wes Anderson Movies) So when I was doing one white people activity, (watching the previews before "where the wild things are") a movie preview showed and it was the Fantastic Mr. Fox. I saw the cast list but they didn't mention who was directing it, so I turned to my white girl date (something that both sides like) and I said I bet you that's a Wes Anderson movie. Now any self-respecting white person would be able to take one quick look at the cast list and say, yeah that's probably a Wes Anderson flick, but I've got a steep white person handicap and not all of us get the same tiger woods blend of say, being a phenomenal athlete in a white man's game. So I had to do some interdependent shaking from both the salt and the pepper. I had to read between the lines of the sunday paper, alright? I had to eat the oreo without splitting the halves. (Maybe I've taken it too far.) My point is, I had to use my soul to feel it out. The same detector that knew on the inside that Soul Food, This Christmas and anything Madea, was a "feel good", had to work together with the logic of a full blood Vulcan. The interesting thing about the Fantastic Mr. Fox is that from the previews, it feels like a Wes Anderson movie even though its in a different medium. Here is some concept art by Chris Appelhans


No comments:

Post a Comment