Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Snow-bo by Vera Brosgol; Lambchop - Is a Woman



A cute little animation by Russian artist Vera Brosgol. I recognized her work from Flight Vol. 1, there was a little comic short she did in there. I really enjoy her site, its cute without being kitschy. Verabee.com And there is a nice interview with her on the animation show.

In the interview they reference a Lambchop video called "is a woman" and I've been listening to Lambchop, quite a bit lately, its good end of summer fall music. Well the album Ohio is, but really his music is seasonal, I should say. Whatever season you are in and listening to his music, the season becomes attached to the music in an interesting way. Anyhow, I decided to show the video they mentioned just in case you don't have time or desire to go to the interview, you can just watch it on my site. Its a really pretty video.



Know that I somewhat hesitate with this post since its so wintery and we are only at the apex of fall. I don't know what the weather is like where you are but Bloomington is about the prettiest place I've been to during the fall. The south was pretty but not as plentiful as Bloomington.

No comments:

Post a Comment