Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wesley Allsbrook


The Leviathan is a good looking comic. It's a quick 14 pager by Wesley Allsbrook. Head to Tor.com to peep it. She loves the retro thing it seems, but not withstanding its too pretty to ignore, especially for comics available on the web. Toward the end I started to not understand what was going on, but within 14 pages who really cares. I mean, that's how actual retro comics are. (especially the soap-opera strips in the sunday paper like Rex Morgan M.D., who gets those?) But the leviathan is a lovely comic.

Illustrations and website.


Wesley Allsbrook. These are some good illustrations. I normally don't like that retro comic, all flat colors thing because generally the choice in color palette is too vibrant for me and too "lipsticky" which is a term I'm making up that doesn't really make sense. But I'm referring to comics like the old swamp thing or hulk, its just too bright and basic. But its what they had and its what they could do and thank goodness for digital coloring. But this chick is really picking the right color.

No comments:

Post a Comment