Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oldies but Goodies


When I was a kid, one of my favorite things to do was to stay home sick from school. I seemed to do that a lot during the second grade but then my mom sort of made me stop doing that. But there were two things I really enjoyed about this. First, watching "The Price is Right". It is too hard to catch the price is right with that 11:00 time slot. My second favorite part was watching old style cartoons. Merry Melodies and Tom and Jerry. To this day I will get down on some Tom and Jerry. (To see the cutest cartoon duck on earth click here.) One of my younger siblings shares my love for old cartoons. My parents would try getting her new ones but they could never quite hold her attention like an old 50's toon with very little dialog. This was pretty convenient for them because you can find loads of DVD's at walmart for a dollar that have old cartoons on them.

So my visit to the Drawn! blog today was a nice surprise.

Todd Schorr

Today on Drawn! I watched the short video spotlight on Beverly Hills artist Todd Schorr. He does acrylic paintings that look like oil, but they seem a little more matte finished which is because of the acrylics. They are calling his genre pop surrealism, namely because of the 50's style cartoon and monster themes. He's having an exhibit at teh San Jose Museum of art Saturday, June 20, 2009 through Wednesday, September 16, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment